November 6, 2012

Review: Tall, Dark, & Lonely by: R.L. Mathewson


Tall, Dark & Lonely: A Pyte Series Novel by: R.L. Mathewson
Publisher: Smashwords (self-published)
334 pages
Genre: Fantasy/Vampire, Romance

Summary: Madison is a school teacher who also happens to be the one that has been taking care of her younger sister and brother for several years because their mother, Candy, can’t be bothered to take care of her own children. Madison finally catches a break and her whole family moves in with her grandmother at her boarding house. Madison no longer has to be the sole person taking care of her siblings. Things start to look up, until she discovers who the police detective living in the next room really is.

Review: If you want a book full of sex, vampires, romance and action then this book is for you. I thoroughly enjoyed this first novel in the Pyte/Sentinel series and I can promise you that the other books in the series are even better. I will warn you that my review does point out some of the not so great sides of this book, but in the end try to look past those and read this book anyway.

I was skeptical of this book at first. I mean I bought it for 99 cents on my e-reader. Let’s be honest, sometimes those really cheap books that are self-published are not that good. Now this book does have some typos and errors in it, which drives me a little crazy since I am an editor, but the typos/errors were not as bad as I thought it would be given the price and that it was self-published.

Yes, there is a broody vampire and he of course falls in love with the woman with the messed up life, and don’t forget that their officially getting together takes a good while, but don’t be discouraged. Beyond that vampire nuisance there is a whole new vampire world to devour. Sit back with this book and enjoy the new and interesting take on vampires that R.L. Mathewson shows us. It is refreshing. Ephraim, the main vampire, is a Pyte, a whole different rare species of vampire that will have you wanting more. I refuse to say more about what a Pyte is, you will just have to read the book to find out.

I would call this book Twilight for adults but with a little more action. Even though I would say this book is considered to be a romance, I also think that it has a decent amount of action for those of you, like me, that want more than just romance in their books. The characters are also far from boring. You will find Madison and Ephraim entertaining. You will find Candy to be intolerable and Joshua to be a cutie pie. All the characters are different and all of them are worth reading about.

I do wish this book was a little bit longer, but the other books in this series are a longer so I have decided that I can’t really complain. This electronic book is worth the 99 cents. Please take a chance on this author and check out this book. I highly doubt you will be disappointed.

Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top