January 17, 2014

Coping 101: How to Handle an Emotional Read

We all wish that every book we read left us feeling like this...



In all reality many books make us feel like this for one reason or another.



Whether you are suffering from a series ending, a favorite character of yours dying, a break-up between the best fictional couple ever, or really any kind of book hangover, I suggest that you do the following.

It's okay to be in denial at first, but once you get past that stage try the following...

1. Scream and go a little crazy! Don't hold back.



2. Bang your head against a pillow.



3. Grab some tissues and have a good cry.



4. Throw something, preferably not at someone. (I usually throw the said book in question.)


5. Hug it out!


6. Eat something delicious and don't feel bad about it.


7. Have a drink.


8. Watch any light hearted movie or television show. I recommend Friends.


I hope some of these tips help, but in the end you just need to hang in there. Remember the best thing to make you feel better is to...

source: http://mindpetals.com/i-really-love-reading/
Fall in love with another book and read your heart out!

What do you like to do to help you get through a rough time after reading an emotional book?

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Falling in love with another book is definitely the best antidote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is fabulous! Myself, I jump into another read immediately. But sometimes I throw stuff, scream, cry, bang my head against a pillow, drink, eat, hug.. all of these things before moving on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time I jump into a new book as quickly as possible as well, but sometimes I get in such a weird mood that I just need to watch some funny television shows. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the post, I usually not read for awhile and think about what I just read. sometimes I scream a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always good to scream a little when needed. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top