June 15, 2014

The Bookish Report

Here are all of the top bookish stories, blog posts, pictures, and videos I found this past week. I put this post up every Sunday so come back again next week for more bookish awesomeness.

Click away and enjoy your Sunday!


News

Breaking News: There is going to be another Lunar Chronicles book featuring Levana out in January!

For all of you that live in Illinois the day has been set. July 12 will be Chicago's Independent Bookstore Day! I've always wanted to visit all of these bookstores and since Chicago isn't far from me now may be the perfect time.

The Great Book Format Debate may be a little longer of an article, but I promise it is worth your time and will give you some laughs.

Just because I love Sherlock. I had to share this one with you.

Eric Hall, the author of the adorable Spot children's books, has passed away. May he rest in peace and never be forgotten.

I think I am going to do this exercise here on the blog. I plan on sharing my bookshelves with you in more detail soon anyway. I love getting the break down of other blogger's bookcases so I figured it was time I share mine.

Epic Reads has some of the best and most creative posts featuring young adult books on their website. The Periodic Table of Epic Reads doesn't disappoint. 

Apparently the Delirium pilot will now be airing on Hulu on June 20th! A huge thanks to Christine for telling me this!


Blog Posts

Oh how I hate movie tie-in book covers, and I'm not alone!

Reviews from a Bookworm has a great discussion post this week where she shares how sometimes commenting on all the blogs can make her feel like a performing monkey. She is not alone.

If you are looking for a fun challenge to participate in this July then you should check out The ReReadathon and Shelf Sweeper. I'm not sure I will have time to participate, but I figured I would share the fun with you all anyway.

Source: http://anightowlblog.com/2013/06/happy-fathers-day.html

7 comments:

  1. You're welcome! I'm so excited to watch the pilot & really hope Hulu will pick up the series (assuming that is the point of airing the trailer??) I think there would be enough fan support, so here's hoping!

    And I'm super excited for the Re-Readathon/Shelf Sweeper -- I didn't think I'd really have time either, but then I remembered I'm going on vacation and it will work out perfectly to give me an *excuse* to finally start reading Game of Thrones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After watching the trailer I can't wait to see how the pilot is. Although no one can really live up to the Alex in my head I hope the actor gets close. Fingers crossed that it gets picked up!

      Good luck with the challenge! It is a great reason to read Game of Thrones. I have only read the first book and really should get on that. Every time I ask my husband what is going to happen in the show he points to the books and tells me all the answers are in there, and I'm the reader in the house... darn him! lol

      Delete
    2. That is too funny about the Game of Thrones books! My husband claims he is going to finish the first book before I get to it, but we'll see how that works out -- he has to be in a reading *mood* and hasn't really been lately -- he's competitive though, so I think he just wants to *win* by reading them first, LOL

      Delete
    3. Gotta love our husbands. I hope you beat him. ;)

      Delete
  2. Is the Fairest a novella or book? (Am I just missing something cause I can't tell). Also, I like that bookshelves exercise! I look forward to you doing it, maybe I will do it too :) And The Periodic Table of Epic Reads is a cute idea! I hate movie tie in book covers. and I am curious about the post by Reviews from a Bookworm! This comment is also a jumbled mess, I should probably go back to using numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairest is 256 pages so I guess I would call it a short novel. :) I started doing the bookshelves exercise. I'm working on that post now, it's fun! You should do it too! Not to mention that the movie tie in covers are usually horribly ugly compared to the actual cover. And it's okay if it is a jumbled mess, I still followed along and most of the time my comments on your blog are like that. lol

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for Fairest and Levana's story, though I am a bit sad that it means Winter get pushed back. I can't wait to read both of them!
    I'm really impressed by that Periodic Table of books! That's really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top