July 20, 2014

The Bookish Report

Here are all of the top bookish stories, blog posts, pictures, and videos I found this past week. I put this post up every Sunday so come back again next week for more bookish awesomeness.Click away and enjoy your Sunday!

News

  • HapperCollins has updated its website so us bookish folks can purchase their books directly from their website.
  • Marvel's Avengers Now! bookswill feature a female Thor, an African-American Captain America, and Iron Man gets a make over. I don't read comics, but I like the change up.
  • I'm sure you have all heard about and read the new mini HP story on pottermore. Well, I honestly don't know how I feel about it but this articlehas some interesting things to say on the topic. I do find it weird that J.K Rowling decided to post this article by Rita Skeeter, who is not a reliable narrator.
  • Walter Dean Myers has passed away. I love his novel Fallen Angels. May he rest in peace.
  • Amazon has launched kindleunlimited. For $9.99 a month you can receive unlimited ebooks. It sounds like Netflix for your reader. While I can see this as being a cool concept, simply because I love books, if I want ebooks I either get them from the library or purchase them. Either way, this just sounds like a dumb concept for those of us who have a local library that does this for you for free already.Not to mention, Amazon is already getting a bad reputation with books.

Blog Posts

  • She may have been a littlecreepy, but haven't we all been creepy to some degree at some point, especially when it comes to books? I have.
  • I always try to do something bookish on every vacation I take and so does The Reading Geek!

Video

8 comments:

  1. I'm not even a fan of ebooks, but I can understand Amazon trying to get in the subscription game and competing with Scribd and Oyster, but I find it beyond ridiculous that its called "Amazon Unlimited" when it is in fact extremely limited -- I've heard there are no books from the "Big 5" Publishers -- how is that unlimited?!

    And I will admit I am always curious about what people are reading at the pool/beach/etc. but I'm not compulsive about it -- if I can't see the cover, I won't send my hubby on a covert mission -- but I thought that post was so adorably book-dorky :)

    And the books slump post OMG -- brilliant! Happy to not be in one at the moment, but we all know it happens sometimes & she hit the nail on the head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea...not unlimited!

      I loved the book-dorky post. I probably wouldn't send my husband over either but I would strain my neck a great deal to try to see the cover.

      I know right?! I loved that post. She really got it.

      Delete
  2. P.S. Love your new graphic for this feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG some of these articles.... SO FREAKING GOOD! The "25 signs you're actually a villain" article killed me.

    You’d rather have ultimate power than a nose.
    When playing rock, paper, scissors, you always go with Avada Kedavra.

    LOL

    And am I the only one who hasn't read the mini HP story? I blame the fact that I was away ( I don't know if this is a legitimate excuse or not)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you trying to tell me you are a villain Nicole? lol ;)

      I guess it can maybe be an excuse. You didn't miss much in my opinion. :/

      Delete
  4. I haven't read the HP story yet. I think I retired that series in my mind long ago and reading a little snippet won't provide me with what I would really love to see - a new book. I'm pretty sure I've gotten all of it anyways through different blog posts, so I'm going to pass.

    I love the Word Crimes video! Weird Al is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand where you are coming from.

      Love the video. Better than the original. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top