October 5, 2014

The Bookish Report

Here are all of the top bookish stories, blog posts, pictures, and videos I found this past week. I put this post up every Sunday so come back again next week for more bookish awesomeness.Click away and enjoy your Sunday!

News

Gilmore girls is now on Netflix! I've been binge watching since the day it was put on there (last Wednesday) with breaks for work of course. I'm sure you have all heard about the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge. The creator of this challenge picked his top sevenbooks in honor of the Netflix release.
If you ever think you are having a horrible day take a second to remember these literary characters that probably had a worse day than you.
Do you think you are the biggest Harry Potter fan? Think again. This guy broke a world record.
Everyone should read this list of 22 mind-boggling facts about banned books in America.
A bookstore in Japan is offering people to spend the night! How cool would that be?
Stephen King's book 11/22/63 (which I really do hope to read sometime) is going to be on Hulu.
This news is just sad. Nicholas Sparks has been accused of racism and homophobia. Maybe it isn't true...

Fellow Book Blogger Posts

Because I feel like I never get enough young adult books with male POVsthis infographic rocked my world.
It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Find out about Read Pink.
I feel like there are so many of those surprise box things that you can sign up for, it's becoming more and more popular.Bookmark Lit tells us about the Uppercase Box she received. So far this one is the best one Ive seen around the blogosphere. I wish I had the money to get it. Perhaps a certain husband of mine can get me this for Christmas. At least once. ;)
Do you love Halloween? If so then you should really check out Fortnight of Fright.

Other Bookish Fun

This bookmark is 100% correct. Buy here.
I love this banned books tote. Buy here.

8 comments:

  1. Now that Gilmore is on Netflix, I'm slightly kicking myself for buying the DVD set -- though it was a really good deal and I watched them twice all the way through before Netflix started, so I guess I can still say I got my money's worth! (And I also just lent them to my MIL so they're getting good use!) Regardless, I love seeing all the Gilmore Girls love going around along with the Netflix release :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have the DVD set. lol It was gifted to me throughout the years. I'm still glad I have it. It may one day no longer be on Netflix and I would definitely say you have gotten your moneys worth. So technically I could have been binge watching this sooner, but Netflix is my crack. lol I'm loving the Gilmore love as well. :D

      Delete
  2. This is so fun!! Thanks for all the bookish news! I liked the one about the Potterhead and the bookstore in Japan that makes you sleep inside. I think I'll get all snuggly if I spent a night in there. :)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be able to sleep inside a bookstore or library just at least once! Read all night and talk books with others.

      Delete
  3. I adore the banned book bag. Thanks for sharing the links to other posts..and hells yes Gilmore girls rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gilmore girls forever!!! <3 I love the tote bag as well, I need it.

      Delete
  4. Love the bookmark! I need to start collecting them-right now I just use old receipts and scrap paper lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top