November 4, 2014

Ho-Ho-Ho Holiday Read-a-thon Sign Up & Goals

This read-a-thon is hosted byCaffeinated Book Reviewer and The Book Shelfery

Details HERE//Start Date: 11/6/2014 // End Date: 11/11/2014

Every year I say I want to read some holiday themed books and for whatever reason I never get around to it. Probably because there are just so many books I want to read and there will never be enough time for me to read them all. Anyway, this year I really do want to read some holiday books so I decided to take the first step and sign up for the Ho-Ho-Ho Holiday Read-a-thon.

Reading Goals
~ Read three holiday books.

Social Goals
~ Participate in the Twitter Party.
~ Participate in at least one challenge.
~ Discover at least two new book blogs.

The Books
~ My True Love Gave To Me by: Stephenie Perkins and various authors
~ Let It Snow by: John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myrcle
~ Starry Night by: Debbie Macomber

Day 1 / November 6th
Book I started: None. :(

Mid-Point / November 8th
Books I’ve finished: None. :(
Book I’m reading now: My True Love Gave to Me

End Wrap-Up / November 11th
Books I’ve finished: Three!
Book I’m still reading: None. I finished all three!

11 comments:

  1. I've read some great reviews on My True Love Gave To Me which features so many wonderful authors! I can't wait to see what you think. I need to do this as well. I've actually been in the mood to dig into some some great and epic feeling like Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin, which I really want to read just for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of the authors are good, so I'm hoping the book is good. :)

      I hope you get a chance to read it!

      Delete
  2. Nice holiday book choices...good luck with the challenge! Thanks for visiting my WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lucky you, you've got My True Love Gave To Me :) I really need to get my hands on this one, there are some great authors and how cute is that cover?!. Have a great readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so cute and I love most of the authors. :)

      Delete
  4. I read Let It Snow several years ago. Lauren Myracle is one of my favorite authors, but I think I remember her story was not my favorite in that book. I'm pretty sure I liked John Green's more...and I'm generally not a fan. I did like how the stories were related though. That was a nice touch. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main reason I liked them was because they were all connected. I always love that.

      Delete
  5. I am not sure if you've finished My True Love Gave to Me yet but I hope you are enjoying it! I have this one too and am looking forward to reading it but i've decided to hold off until school is over which is about two week's before Christmas - I hope this will help me unwind and get in the Christmas spirit! Good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My True Love Gave to Me was good! Some stories I loved and some I liked. I think you are going to enjoy it. It's a good choice for a cute holiday read. I think that will be the perfect time to read it!

      Delete
  6. I want to read this one, because I love Perkins' writing! Thanks for participating with us :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top