August 22, 2016

Bout of Books Challenge: Book-to-Movie Adaptations

Book to Movie Challenge

The Challenge: "It’s super easy. All I need you to do is share with us your favorite book-to-movie adaptation and your least favorite book-to-movie adaptation. You can give reasons for your answers or just names, it’s really up to you how much you share." 

My Favorite Book-to-Movie Adaptation


I loved the book and I loved the movie. The casting was perfect and the acting was amazing. I have read the book a few times and I have seen the movie a million times. This is by far the best adaptation I have ever seen.

My Least Favorite Book-to-Movie Adaptation


This book series is one of my favorites. Rick Riordan can do no wrong in my eyes. Percy Jackson is a character I will always love. As for the movie, the acting was fine and I liked the guy that played Percy Jackson... BUT, and there is a big one, they messed up on so much of the essence of the Percy Jackson series, a lot of details from the book didn't make it to the movie and in this case that really made a difference. I was very disappointed by the adaptation. 

Do you have a favorite or least favorite book to movie adaptation? Share below!

2 comments:

  1. The Help! I didn't read the book unfortunately so I wouldn't know but what a great and hilarious movie. I put The lightning Thief as least favorite too! It was missing what made Percy and his story special. My favorite is Pride and Prejudice.

    I've missed commenting on here. I'll be perusing your posts for a while Kay (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Help, but I do love the movie. I know, it's horrible! But if the book is better than the movie, I'll love it! I wholeheartedly agree with you with Percy Jackson. I liked the actor for Percy as well, but the whole entire feel of the movie was off. It left out so much, and had a completely different tone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top