December 5, 2016

Mini Reviews: New Adult Reads

Last Will and Testament (#1) by Dahlia Adler
Goodreads


This was a more serious romance than light and fluffy, which one could probably guess from the title. Anyway, Lizzie wasn't getting the best grades in college but she was having fun, until her world crashes down around her. Her parents die in a tragic accident and she is left to take care of her two younger brothers. Last Will and Testament will take the reader on an emotional roller coaster. Lizzie must get her grades up to keep her scholarships so she turns to her overly serious TA for help. It doesn't hurt that he is also hot and nice to her brothers. This is a story full of heartbreak and romance. I think it is a great addition to the new adult genre.

Wallbanger (#1) by Alice Clayton
Goodreads


This book was pretty funny. I was a little hesitant to read this book because although I like steamy scenes in my books, I don't like them to cover every single page. I actually think this book made me laugh more than blush. It had a great mix of comedy and romance. When Caroline moves in she doesn't except her neighbor to make so much noise next door. She also doesn't expect him to be not only attractive and interesting, but a good friend. I would have liked some stronger supporting characters, but the two main characters were a delight to read about.


East of Redemption (#1) by Molly E. Lee
Goodreads


This book is a standalone novel. (Although I highly recommend that you read the first book in the series.) East of Redemption is an action packed romance novel. Easton is a treasure hunter who has his own survival reality show. Rain is a professional photographer, mostly of the dangerous animal variety. They were together as teenagers, but a horrible accident resulting in the death of Rain's father pushes them apart. Years later they reconnect on a hunt for the treasure Rain's father always tried to find and to help save Easton's show from being canceled. They never forgot about the other, and neither did their bodies. Survival, lust, love, a lot of close calls, and someone hot on their trail makes for one amazing new adult romance novel.


4 comments:

  1. Last Will and Testament is the story that capture my heart the most. I like nice guys.
    East of Redemption has a great premise though. Old relationships being the one after all just do me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like nice guys too. It is a nice pace from the usual. Perhaps you should try both. ;)

      Delete
  2. Some intriguing sounding reads. I think I will deff be checking out Last Will and testament. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top