May 8, 2017

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon: Sign-Up, Goals, & Updates

Well, I just can't say no to a Bout of Books read-a-thon! I just finished my first semester of grad
school and I have a few weeks off until my summer classes start. Woot!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 8th and runs through Sunday, May 14th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 19 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

My Goals

Reading Goals
~ Read at least three books.
~ Write a review within 48 hours of completing a book.

Social Goals
~ Participate in one Twitter chat.
~ Participate in one mini challenge.

Some Reading Options
~ The Valiant by Lesley Livingston
~ Cashmere by Temple West
~ Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
~ The Stone Heart by Faith Erin Hicks
~ Real Friends by Shannon Hale


Updates

Monday
I read The Valiant and although I liked it, I was a little disappointed.

Tuesday
I didn't read anything today. :(

Wednesday
Nothing today.

Thursday
I started ACOWAR! I made it to pg. 78.

Friday
I am further into ACOWAR!

Saturday
I finished ACOWAR.... SO MANY EMOTIONS!!!

Sunday
I had to work so no reading today.

Total
Two Books = 1,077 pages

Looking Back

I didn't participate in a single challenge or chat, but I did get some reading done! I call that a win.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you have different goals specific to being social, reading, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely missed this. I would call this a win too. I read ACOWAR too and there is so many reviews I've been reading about it. I wonder if you were disappointed or not.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top